A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. - Dorothy Fisher

4:26 AM Posted by Plane Healthy

I was enjoying a beautiful crisp morning with my mother the other day. We drove along in the convertible, stopping by roadside fruit stands. Fall is in the air, the pumpkins and mums are all out. I am truly blessed to still have my mom around and in great health. She really is my best friend, and we like to kill the day by going out to breakfast and shopping. Our favorite spots are Walmart and Nordstroms, yes we are very diversified! Sometimes we just sit in silence and enjoy the company and the day, other times we just get into silly laughing fits, these are the best! Other times we fight and get on each others best nerve!

My mom and I are only 20 years apart, she had me when she was just 20 years old in 1958. I remember her telling me stories, how she had me in a baby carriage, but she wasn't aloud to walk into a bar! "Mom, were you really trying to bring me into a bar?" No shes says its just the point! If you think about it back then pregnant and nursing mothers, drank and smoked and it was ok! Sometimes I wonder if it had any affect on me? But then again, I look at some of the youth today and think maybe it really doesn't matter if you drink and smoke while pregnant! Ok, I'm joking!! Of course it matters!

I don't want to take my relationship with my mother for granted. But sometimes I do, and it is at those times that I have to remind myself how lucky I am. I look at other mother daughter relationships and I cant believe that some are not close and even dislike each other. That is sad to me.

We plan together, we laugh together, we fight we cry together. I will cherish her always.


Joanne Calvacca
Plane Healthy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    A beautiful post, I love the imagery of fall. This is a great reminder, I will call my dad up and see if he is available for dinner!

    Thanks!

  2. Plane Healthy said...

    Thank you Mark! Spend as much time with them as possible, it will make you both happy!

Post a Comment