The Greatest Gift you can give someone is your time.

3:43 AM Posted by Plane Healthy

As I rose from my sleepy restless slumber yesterday morning, the first thing I did was glance out my bedroom window to see if Fall had crept in yet. As I peeked through my window between all the tiny nose marks from my two little Min Pins, I guess I was trying to "see" cold. I was happy I didn't have to go away on a trip, I just hate leaving my husband and my dogs for days at a clip and some days not necessarily in that order.

As I watched the rain pour down I started my morning ritual, feed dogs, load of laundry, clean last night dishes (hate doing them at night), all done before our 8am business call. Then off to yoga, lately its been Physical Therapy due to a back injury. One day I'll hire a landscaper!!

But I knew that that morning my husband, daughter and I were piling in the car to go see a sick aunt that is in a Nursing Home, a good two hour drive away.

My husband and I were fretting because this trip was certainly putting both our businesses on hold, for some reason that day was business busy for both of us, and we were afraid if might cost us some business. As all the excuses of not to go piled in my brain. A thought came to me, actually it was more like a whisper, it said

"The greatest gift of love you can give someone is your time"

This woke me up out of my self absorbed trance. It was Aunt Lindas 75th birthday and we are all she has. And I thought to myself if that was me sitting in a Nursing Home, what if my family couldn't come see me because the floors needed to be washed or the bills needed to be paid, or it was just too far for someone to take the time. I started to cry.

If I was on my death bed (don't get me wrong, Aunt Linda is not) what would I want with me? Certainly not my jewelry, or my things, I would want people, people who I care about, my kids, my friends, my family all around me holding my hand looking into my eyes.
Because love is what life is all about, relationships is what life is all about. God put us here to love.

Well needless to say when we walked into Aunt Lindas room, her face lit up like a Christmas Tree! We surprised her, she could not take her eyes off of my husband and all she wanted to talk about was the time he taught her how to fish. My husband barely remembers this incident, but to Aunt Linda it was one of he happiest times.

The greatest gift we gave to Aunt Linda that day was our time, but really it was the greatest give we gave to ourselves.

Love

Joanne Calvacca
Plane Healthy

1 comments:

  1. Craig Garcia said...

    So ture, the most precious gift is the gift of time. you can make more money, but you can't get back time!

Post a Comment